Learn more about cosmetic dentistry in Lumberton.
Would you like to improve your smile but don't know what types of treatments are available? Dr. Colin Osborne, III, your Lumberton, NC, dentist, shares information on several common cosmetic dentistry options.
What are cosmetic dentistry treatments?
Cosmetic dentistry treatments are used to restore teeth and improve their appearance. Treatments include:
- Fillings: Both silver amalgam and composite resin are used to fill teeth damaged by tooth decay. Because composite resin is tinted to match common tooth shades, it offers a more natural appearance than silver amalgam.
- Crowns: Crowns, also called caps, slip over teeth, encasing them completely. They're a good choice if a tooth is oddly shaped, whether it's twisted, pointed or crooked. Crowns also cover discolorations and lengthen teeth that have become too short due to grinding. Damaged or fragile teeth benefit from the stability a crown provides.
- Bridges: Bridges replace one or more missing teeth. Crowns are an important component of bridges and are used to anchor artificial teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: What you eat and drink affects your smile. If your teeth have become dull or stained because of your coffee or tea habit, or years of eating soy sauce, berries and other brightly colored foods have taken a toll on your smile, teeth whitening offers the perfect way to get rid of those stubborn stains. In-office whitening only takes about an hour and can lighten your teeth up to eight shades.
- Dental Veneers: If imperfections affect the fronts of your teeth only, you may be interested in porcelain veneers. These thin porcelain shells are bonded to your teeth and hide a variety of flaws, including chips, cracks and pits. They're also used to conceal discolorations, lengthen teeth or close slight gaps.
- Dentures and Dental Implants: Dentures and dental implants replace missing teeth and restore your smile. Dentures rest on top of your gums, while implants bond to your jaw and become a permanent part of your mouth. Although implants are often used to replace just one tooth, implant-supported dentures are also available.
Could you benefit from a cosmetic dentistry procedure? Call Dr. Osborne, your Lumberton, NC, dentist, at (910) 738-9396 to schedule an appointment.